Tuesday 6 March 2012

Galaxy/Nebula Nails!!!

Hi Guys!

I am so, so excited to share these with you! I absolutely love these and I think that they look so nice and pretty! Although the camera I used is showing the orange/yellow as brown so I might have to get a better camera for this design but I couldn't wait till then!

They were so much more simple than I anticipated when using a sponge. I know that there's a huge number of tutorials and guides on how to get these nails but I thought that I'd just tell you what I did.

  1. I painted a base of either black, dark purple or dark blue depending on how I wanted the nail to look. However what I found when I was sponging was that I covered the majority of the base colour so as long as the base is a dark colour then it didn't  really matter.
  2. I then took a selection of some colours of nail polish (I took a lot just to experiment with and I really loved how it turned out with many colours!) I had a look on Tumblr of Nebulas and took my colour selections from there!
  3. I then took an ordinary kitchen sponge and cut it up to make small pieces. (I think most people use a make up sponge but considering that I don't use them or own any then I used what came to hand and that was a kitchen sponge cut up.)
  4. I sponged on white first to get the shape and direction that I wanted the Nebula to go in and then added the colours on top of that. This also helped the colours to stand out better against the dark base.
  5. I then sponged the appropriate colours on to make it blend and I then added other colours to add more dimention to the design.
  6. I then took a cocktail stick or tooth pick and added small dots and few larger ones to represent stars.
  7. I then added a top coat and what I found was that it was better to add a thicker layer of top coat when the design was a little bit wet just because it made the colours blend nicely. But just remember to use a very light touch when you're applying the top coat to wet polish just becasue its then that it's possible to drag the design and also to use a thick layer of top coat too!
  8. Then wait for it to dry and go and show everyone what you have done! That's exactly what I did!
  9.  

    These are the base colours that I used and the top coat that I am using just now!


    These are the cool toned colours that I used to sponge on the nebulas (apart from the yellow but that's ok! Ha!)

 These are the warm toned colours that I used to create the Nebulas and the white polish that I used first.






I Hope you all love these as much as I do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment